WATER ACTIVITY ANALYZER – PORTABLE MODEL
The measurement of water activity or equilibrium relative humidity is a key parameter in the quality control of moisture-sensitive products or materials. Water activity a measure of the water vapour pressure generated by definition the free or non chemically bound water in foods and other products. The bound water and moisture content cannot be measured with this method.
Why is water activity measured?
The free water in a product influences its microbiological, chemical and enzymatic stability. This is especially important in the case of perishable products such as foodstuffs, grain, seeds, etc. as well as in many products in the pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries. If there is too much free water available, the products spoil, and if there is too little water available, other product properties can be influenced negatively.
The water activity measurement stations measure in a range of 0…1 aW
In many situations, it can be very useful to measure water activity in production or storage rooms, e.g. inspection of bulk materials to ensure they meet specifications.
- A handheld instrument for measurement of relative humidity and temperature and calculation of water activity
- AW Quick function for fast measurement results (typically 4-5 minutes)
- Audible alarm to indicate end of the measurement
- Saves up to 10’000 data records with %rh, °C, date and time
- Battery charging function